It’s my birthday and I felt like announcing it. Now you know ;)
I’ll make a real post later. You know, one with words and pictures and interesting stuff. We’re suppose to see Oz today and go shop walking and eat chocolate cake and other yummmmmy foods. Birthdayish things :D
Now for a singing mustache birthday song! Enjoy!!!
Paper (make sure it’s big enough to wrap your present)
~~~ Instructions ~~~
1. First thing to do is figure out which direction the mustaches need to face. If your present is tall then you might want the mustaches going around it, but if it is short then you might want them going over. Maybe diagonal??? You decide.
Once you figure it out, start drawing mustaches with your sharpie. Note: You could also make a few mustache stamps and then just stamp them on. I don’t have stamps, stamp ink or the means of making such things right now, so I went with the marker :)
2. Now that your paper is covered and technically wrapping paper, it’s time to cover the gift! Wrap that present! Make sure the right-side is facing out. Don’t want all that work to go for nothing. That is, unless you want the bleed-though mustache look, then by all means do it.
3. Once your present is all taped and wrapped, it’s time for a bow. I really liked how the red yarn looked with the mustaches *(See the end for my bad joke). I just wrapped the yarn around and then ended with a simple bow on top. Cuteness!!
Well this is the end of the Christmas Surprise Tutorial. I hope you get to try one of them out :) Thanks for joining me!!
*What’s black and white and red all over??? A mustache Christmas gift of course!!
Cool Porcelain Mug (mine was from Anthropologie because I wanted the K on it)
Oven (preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
~~~ Instructions ~~~
1. Grab your mug!
2. Then figure out where you want to doodle, making sure that it isn’t a place you would put your mouth. (The Sharpie may come off and you wouldn’t want to drink/eat that. Bleh!) I chose the bottom of the mug to give that magnificent mustached face effect. Doodle your creation on the mug. Mine was freehand so sorry, no pattern.
3. Hopefully, your oven is ready. Mine wasn’t.
When it is finally at 350 degrees, place your mug in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. I placed mine directly on the rack. After it is finished baking, carefully remove the mug from the oven and allow to cool. It will be extremely hot! BE CAREFUL! Burns hurt. Trust me. My fingers have felt the power of the burn more than once.
4. Admire your lovely cooled off creation!
Just in case you were wondering, I found the instructions for this tutorial at A Beautiful Mess. I love their blog!! Sooooo many cute things :D
Soooooo I feel like a milestone has been passed today. One Not Alone went over 1000 views! Pretty cool since I never thought it would even get read. I’ve only been writing since Mid-July when I started it back up. Ahhhh! Coolness.
Today’s 30 Day Photo Challenge entry is full of miscellaneous photos. There’s a mustache, my lunch (have you noticed I’ve posted a lot of food lately?), and an iPhone mirror shot of my new belt. I’ll even throw in a picture of my kittehs. Mostly because they’re cute :)
Soooo I missed it. By a long shot. Oh wells. Today will just have to have two posts instead of one :) I did actually take a picture yesterday. I was on the swing in my mustache you a question bleach tee listening to some Jamie Grace. LOVE her stuff. And this is the blurry picture that resulted.
A friend of my mine (Katie, the nugget llama) has a slight obsession with aviators and mustaches. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share this wonderful discovery of aviators AND a mustache on a hat. I mean, really?? Who comes up with this genius?? Now if only it came in blue or green :)