Hey peoples! This is another acrylic nail art tutorial. I meant to post it yesterday, but I made a tankini instead ;) I’ve made two ways to view this tutorial. You can read the instructions and view pictures OR you can scroll to the end and watch the youtube video. Your choice. I like having options in tutorials so I thought I’d share the same courtesy.
~~~ Glow-in-the-Dark Nail Tutorial ~~~
Acrylic “Glow” paint – I used Green Glow by FolkArt
Clear nail polish
Water (to rinse brushes)
Cloth to wipe brushes on (I use a paper towel)
Plate, paper, board, or something else to mix colors on and put paint on
1) First add a clear coat to your nails. This gives the acrylic something to stick to and it protects your nail. I used a clear strengthener coat. Be sure to let it dry before you move on to the next step.
2) Next start your painting. I used a green glow color because green is cool. And because I didn’t want orange. Orange looks like nastiness on my fingers. Use whatever color you like. It’s about creative expression on your fingers, so express yourself!
3) You may need two (or three) coats of paint on your nail. All of my fingers got two coats and most of them had three. The glow paint is much more goopy than normal acrylic. It’s kinda like glue. Weird. Anyways, make sure the first coat is completely dry before you move on to the next coat. The glow did take much longer than normal acrylic to dry so don’t freak out if this happens to you :)
4) Accent nail. If you don’t want an accent nail then skip this step and paint it like the others. If you do want one, it’s time to decide what you want to do. For mine, I painted some white stripes over the green. See:
5) Finally it’s time for a clear coat. Don’t worry that it changes the color of the nail because it’s suppose to do that. It should go from this dry looking paint to a wet shiny color. Kinda like gloss.
6) Once your clear coat is completely dry, it’s time for some glow action! Charge up those nails in some sunlight or a really bright lamp and show off that amazing glow! My favorite was the accent nail because it has glow in the dark stripes. Cute :D
~~~ Glow-in-the-Dark Nail Tutorial Video ~~~
Side Note: This video was more fun than it probably should have been. Definitely will be making more of these tutorials!
I hope you enjoyed this! I would love to see pictures if you try glow in the dark. You can post them on my facebook page One Not Alone, post a link in the comments, or tweet them to me @laurenichole89. Have fun!